With schools having just broken up for the Summer holidays, believe it or not, now is a great time to start thinking about Music for Christmas. In fact I know at least one School Director of Music who spends his summer holidays watching cricket and contemplating music for the School Carol Service in December. It follows, therefore, that schools who are considering recording a CD of Christmas music, with a view to selling the CD before the end of term, should start considering the options.
4 Part Music get extremely busy in October and November recording school Christmas CD’s. Aside of being an excellent stocking filler, a Christmas CD is a fantastic project for all the school to get involved in. It gives each class a focus and something to work on together. A typical School CD will comprise of:
- A song sung by each class / year group
- A couple of songs featuring the whole school
- A couple of songs involving the school choir / music group if you have one
- A few instrumental solos / group items – e.g. Recorder Groups, Wind Bands or String Orchestras.
We always try to record no later than the end of November, although we have been known to record into the first week of December when it’s really busy. However, that is about the limit as schools always need the CD’s produced and printed before the end of term so they can typically sell them at an end of term event. Often such things are hosted by the PTA (Parent Teacher Association) and selling CD’s is a great way of fundraising for the school.
Key Points about recording a School CD With 4 Part Music:
- The Recording Sessions are FREE
- Recordings on location anywhere in the UK
- 32 Channel Digital Multi Track Recording Unit
- CD’s produced to Retail Quality Standard all individually cellophane wrapped
- Help available with Copyright Clearance and licensing
- Fully insured UK Limited Company